Saturday, September 29, 2012

Day Twenty Nine

     I've sitting here at the desk, with four pictures of my colon in front of me.  TMI!  Yep, I had a colonoscopy yesterday, so with the PREP on Thursday I've checked out of life briefly..  After we left the surgery center, we had a little breakfast, but I was so tired that I came home and went to bed and slept for 3 hours, only waking up to find my brother standing over me paying me a "sick" visit.  All day yesterday I sorta felt foggy, but today after a good night's sleep, I'm feeling pretty good and my guts are making noise, which is good I guess.
     I have been asked if I'm going back on Facebook on Monday October 1, and yes, yes, I am.  Reactions to my departure have ranged from, "Really?  I could give it up like THAT" (invariably followed by a snap of the fingers), to, "You know, I COULDN'T give it up, that's how I stay in touch with my family.  We don't call and we don't do email."  To each his own.
     This month, I feel like I've been (not just because of facebook), I've been in sort of a war with myself.  If you ask God to help you see what you need to deal with in your life, don't worry, I'm here to tell you that He will answer that prayer if you are sincerely asking.  And it's not a pleasant procedure.  Sorta like the prep and colonoscopy procedure, the Holy Spirit points out things that need to be cleaned out, then removed..  (Sorry for using that awful example, but it's apropos in my situation).  The problem is, while these things are coming to your attention and being dealt with, our enemy comes along and tries to disrupt that process - it's to his advantage if he can either hand us a pair of rose colored glasses so we don't see how bad it is, OR, if he can make us feel as if we have failed at everything, and thus not worthy to be in the arena at all.

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."  Psalm 139:23-24

No comments: