Monday, September 03, 2012

Day Three

     Today, we enjoyed some time out at Kevin's for Labor Day, but it was too hot to do anything outside, so no family croquet game was to be played.  Conversation was good, fellowship was good, and it was nice to catch up with the little ones and the very fast growth they are engaged in the first months and years of life.  Bryn can take a couple of steps on her own, and is a tall baby.  She is in constant motion.  Julia at about 2 and a half talks all the time and is easier to understand every day.  She certainly is an independent little girl.  And Hannah changes every day - at a mere 2 weeks old she looks different every time I see her.  She was wide awake quite awhile this afternoon, those baby blues looking around at everything.
     A box turtle was found and held up to the window for Rachel and Gabriel to look at, homemade ice cream was on tap, and a good time was had by all.
     I love going out to Kevin and Deanna's place, as it is somewhat secluded and quiet.  I have come to terms with the fact that I won't ever have a place of my own like that - after all, I'm going to be 60 in a couple of years and that's the time of your life when you figure out how you can downsize, not acquire more.  Nevertheless, they are very generous about sharing their spot on earth with us city dwellers, and I am grateful for that.
     Tomorrow it is back to work.  I have evaluations to do at both schools, some coming up very quickly, so there's no grass growing under my feet, as they say.  My knee appears to be feeling better, as I have tried to stay off it this weekend, so I hope to walk around school without wincing or limping.
     Day 3 has come and gone.  I have received an email from my oldest brother saying simply that he's lived without facebook for 70 years, he would think I could do 30 days with no problem.  And he's right.  No problem! 

No comments: