Saturday, September 08, 2012

Day Eight

     What a beautiful day it was - at least weather-wise.  We worked outside this morning doing some raking, filling bird feeders, etc.  I pulled out all the dead vegetation from the garden but due to a communication mixup, my other half pulled all the carrots which were NOT dead.  I was gonna leave them in there awhile yet, but that's ok.  I picked one tomato today which had ripened and that's gonna be about it for them.  I don't think there are any more green ones. 
     Went to the store and battled crowds - everyone was doing some grocery shopping today.  The "Oscar Meyer Weinermobile" was in the parking lot - and no, for those of you who are already going there, I did not have an incident.  I DID try a sample of "nitrate free" hot dog, and picked up a coupon because I thought it was pretty good, but upon closer inspection after I got in the store, the coupon was not for the package of uncured hot dogs, it was for a package of Carving Board lunch meat.  I think you call that a "bait and switch". 
     Do you use the self-check?  I hate self-check.  I used it a couple of days ago and it raised my blood pressure.  Besides, that's why I pay exorbitant prices at the store - so that someone can check my groceries and bag them for me.
     Cooked a pork loin for dinner and cleaned house.  A typical Saturday.  Hope you had a typical day and that you enjoyed the comfortableness of your Saturday routine.  A tradition for our family is to have lunch together after church, so tomorrow Rebekah and Jason are cooking fajitas for lunch.  Yum! 

No comments: