Thursday, September 06, 2012

Day Six

     It's been a day!  While I was at a parochial school today testing a student and in a meeting following that, from, oh, 1:15 to 3:30, I received 17 emails, mostly about a situation at my base school. Yes, 17.  Additionally, I hosted a lunch meeting for the Northwest Psych Quadrant today, enjoying a presentation by our instructional coach, I met with our Child Study Team for 2 hours this morning, and I picked up my niece at her school (not far from where I work) and enjoyed some time with her at Orange Leaf, and at Bookaholic. 
    I'm ready to be home and engage in mindless activities.  This is one of those times that I miss playing games and catching up on the minutia in other peoples' lives via FB.  Blogging is sort of a substitute activity, but it still involves more cognition than what I would be doing if I were on FB this evening.  At least I'm not thinking about the Democratic National Convention.  I don't want to think about politics anymore - my goal is to be a "Teflon Voter" - let all the mudslinging, half truths, grandstanding and dramatizing just roll off of me like a duck.
     I'm tired and I'm ready to look at the paper (yawn) and go to bed.  Day Six - no FB!  It's getting easier...
    
    

No comments: