Thursday, September 13, 2012

Day Thirteen

     I missed Day Twelve!  Oh well.  I am seeing a person for private therapy, got done with that, got home about 8:00 in the evening, then I just decided to veg out all together.  Yeah.  That felt good.     Today was chilly, cloudy, and rainy.  THAT felt kinda good too - after this heat we've had I am ready for some fall-like weather. 
     On a another topic, how do ya feel about "road rage"?  I've decided I MAY have difficulty with that.  Someone honked at me today for what I thought was a slight "misunderstanding", and I reacted to that honk with, let's just say, something other than "turn the other cheek" behavior.  I have always been one to instruct other drivers about the error of their ways - but really, for me to get so ANGRY was really not in character for me.  I'm thinking I was stressed about something else - however, that's not an excuse. 
     Road rage is so self-centered.  It's all about me, and my perception of how you did not respond to me correctly, or treat me correctly, or drive your car correctly - which affects - you guessed it, me me me.  I was not pleased with my reaction today and the fact that it came out of nowhere and got me is also a little concerning to me.  But, now that it's been brought to my attention, now I can maybe figure out what to do next time.
     I went to a meeting of all psychologists in the district today.  We were given instruction for about 30 minutes on the advantages of using an iPAD in our jobs - about the different applications we could download, how having an iPAD could help collect student data, etc.  There's only a small problem.  First of all, the district has no money to buy iPADs for us, but sees that as a great new potential tool.  Secondly, you can use your own iPAD, however, you are forbidden to log onto the district server with it, AND, you are forbidden to store any sort of student data on it.  So let's see - the district can't provide me one, and if I own one, it is basically worthless to me.  I believe I just condensed a 30 minute seminar into 3 sentences.  Yeah. 

1 comment:

bluggier said...

You get multiple lessons in controlling road rage (or even being upset) if you just drive the speed limit on most of the roads in Wichita.
I started that some years ago...I'm still working on my attitude.