Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Day Four

     I've spent some time yesterday reviewing old posts.  I am so glad I started this blog, even though I write rather infrequently.  I enjoyed re-reading about the "great mattress maneuver" and about Joshua dropping my car keys into a parking meter post downtown.  Some posts I think are examples of fairly decent writing, others are not.  I have triggered some memories - and frankly, without this blog, I'm not sure I would recall so many details about those events, plus some others such as the train trip Rebekah and I took to Michigan several years ago.  I love that this is a little history of things in my life - but it's way too incomplete.  My mom kept diaries from time to time and I treasure those words in her own handwriting (although my sister is the "keeper of the memorphilia".  I do realize memoraphilia is not a word, but it's a word in THIS family...) 
     I've had a pretty good day at work, and now am at home trying to figure out what to do for dinner.  I'm back on the horse diet-wise, and am tracking again on My Fitness Pal.  What a pain in the hind end, but I find it useful.  My challenge has always been, however, to get my body moving in some sort of organized aerobic fashion.  I know that is the real key to sugar control, but I find it difficult, for several reasons, to get this worked into my routine.   
     Tonight I'm going to spend some time with friends in a Bible study group.  I enjoy this interaction and the study is useful as well.  I haven't had time to look over the lesson for this evening, but perhaps without facebook eating up my time every single day I'll be able to! 
    

2 comments:

BartOney said...

Just a suggestion, but ever thought about doing the Bible study group together while walking around the track? I used to do this in Camden with friends. We'd meet up at the track with our strollers and walk laps while talking and discussing. Anyway... worked for us, not sure about your circumstances, but thought I'd throw it out there. :) Glad to see you posting again... I've been reading something from you every day lately. :)

Wild Flower said...

Hey Stace - good to see you! Hope all is well with your little family. Love, "mom"