Friday, September 14, 2012

Day Fourteen

     Finally, the end of the week.  My sister asked me today if I was going back ON facebook after my month of self-imposed exile, and I replied that I am enjoying the peace in my life without it, however, I greatly miss the connection I have with family and friends.  She was updating me a little bit about some things that were posted, and I do miss those little tidbits, if you will, but I do NOT miss the political schlock and the "discussion" questions that suddenly turn for the worse, leaving me gasping in their wake.  I do not miss the articles posted by both left and right wing fanatics, and, I don't miss those sort of slimy underhanded things people post just to see if they get any reaction.  If I want to know who you are voting for in the next election, I'll ask you. Otherwise, no thanks. You vote your conscience, I'll vote mine.  I'm not stupid because I may lean to the right, and I'm not a free for all let the government do everything for you if I lean a little to the left.  You don't worry about me.  You just worry about you and we'll get along fine. 
     So, enough about that.  I brought home work to try to get done this weekend, and I want to spend some time outside if it isn't raining tomorrow.  The weekends go all too fast, don't they.  I love the thought of curling up with a book under a quilt on the couch, but - alas, I have an agenda.  It doesn't include napping, reading, and thinking.  That's a shame, isn't it.
     Hope your week was productive.  Hope you are behaving yourself on facebook, and hope you will re-energize yourself in some way in the the next couple of days.  Love to all.
     

5 comments:

bluggier said...

Problem is, those who do the political schlock (besides me), probably won't read your blog...they won't know your opinion.
As for my worrying about you, I may not worry about your voting preference, but I DO worry about you sometimes regarding things having nothing to do with voting or politics...such as whether you will keep the dog you found on the street... :) By the way, I can hardly do the "type the two words" in order to get my comment published...I can barely read them, and have to cycle through several to find one I can see.

Wild Flower said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wild Flower said...

I deleted the first comment, but will try an abbreviation of that version. It boils down to this question: Why should I share my political opinion with others? If I'm going to share, my witness should revolve around my faith, not my politics. The most I will talk about it in public is when I lead a prayer in my classroom and I pray for our president. I do encourage my class to faithfully pray for all of our leaders in office and I hope they do. I do not allow any other discussion of a political nature.

Wild Flower said...

By the way, I have the same trouble on your blog. It takes me sometimes 10 tries to get a comment logged in. It is very frustrating, I agree.

bluggier said...

So, are you going to ask me who I'm going to vote for? Or don't you want to know?utuda
And, I think I can remove the requirement to type in those characters...I'm gonna look in my preferences and see if I can take that off of there.
Even if I don't have that control mechanism there, I can still delete comments I don't like, I think.