Saturday, March 08, 2014

Too much

Yesterday, I went to Dillons and purchased one thing - a flower arrangement for my boss, who was having a birthday.  (Lest you think I'm a suck up, it was from our whole team.)  Today, I was cleaning out my purse and saw this huge white receipt folded up in there.  What is THAT, I thought.  Hadn't done my weekly shopping.  Hadn't gone to WalMart and bought 30 things.  Unfolding it, I discovered that it was for the ONE thing I purchased the day before.

It was 14 inches of white receipt for one item.    The first 4 inches is the Dillons logo, their motto (Great food.  Low prices.)  Then my item, rung up, etc.  Then we have an opportunity to take a survey (Tell us how we are doing!), we have information about the fuel points I have and how to use them (for February), then we have March fuel point information, we then have a website, two Dillons stores listed as the "Nearest participating locations", then information about the Dillons "Coffee Club" and the "rules" for the club.  Finally, at the very end, it tells me how much I have saved "year to date" by using my loyalty card.

Really?  For one flower arrangement I have 14 inches of information.  I will say that today at that particular Dillons store, they were very very helpful.  A woman actually unloaded my cart which has NEVER happened in my history of going to that store, and I told her that.  She said, "Actually, I unload carts all the time..."

The Shockers are about the win their game, and it's a nice Saturday with the grandbaby here.  He's figured out how to make the walker go, and does he ever move fast in it.  He's a cutie pie if I must say so myself.  I need to find a picture to post on the blog - can't get it off Facebook though.  (And you thought I was gonna cheat..)

1 comment:

bluggier said...

And if you buy 25 things, the receipt is three feet long. Sigh.