Saturday, March 29, 2014

Ouch!

So I've been struggling, yesterday and today, with the lovely syndrome, Plantar Fasciitis.  I had this a few years ago when I was in graduate school, and now, a new flareup got me yesterday.  If you haven't had this problem in your foot, then it is difficult to describe to you the excruciating pain which results. I have looked up on the net the symptoms and the "cures" and am doing the best I can to alleviate the pain.  Ibuprofen for inflammation, a "Strossberg Sock" which pulls my toes up toward my shin at night (and I wear it during the day as well), exercises to stretch out the "plantar fascia", which is the name of the inflamed ligament, insoles which cushion the heel in my shoe, elevation, rest, ice, etc etc etc.  I cannot miss work this next week, so whatever I have to do to be able to walk on my foot without being in agony is what I will do.  

Today was nice outside, and a perfect day for me to get out and do some gardening - because - I got new dirt in my raised garden bed - AND - I got the seeds I ordered online - but alas, none of that for me.  I do have asparagus coming up and need to get out there with a hose as it is very dry - I'll try to do that tomorrow afternoon depending on how the old plantar fascia is doing.

So with that, I'm going to take some drugs and go to bed.  Even in pain, I'm thankful for medical advances which make it possible for us to know how to treat our old age aches and pains.  Good night all.


No comments: