Saturday, March 15, 2014

March 15

My beautiful grandson is turning one tomorrow - today our family attended his birthday party.  He dived into his little cake and very quickly had frosting everywhere on his face.  This is exactly what memories are made of and I am feeling very blessed this evening to be able to be a part of his life.  If I could figure out how to do it, I'd post the best picture I took today on this blog - perhaps a job for tomorrow afternoon.  I thought today of his other grandparents who live in Wisconsin and my heart went out to them.  I know they would have so enjoyed being able to be here to participate in this special day.

It's late and I'm getting ready to head to bed.  I enjoyed yet ANOTHER nap today (this is two days in a row that I've had one!) but yet I'm feeling like I have run a marathon.

I am noticing that again that my blog is referred to on another professional blog and again, I don't mind it, however, if people are looking here for the latest research or whatever, it's not happening.  I'm thinking about migrating to another blog site (maybe Wordpress?) because I'm not writing as a professional, I'm just writing as me.  I don't want to lose everything I've written on this one, though.

Word Of the Day

MOKADOR  n.  A napkin or handkerchief, more especially for tucking into the collar to receive food droppings.  In short, a bib.  Usage:  "We're having spaghetti dear.  Better get out your mokador.  And give one to your mother too."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


So Lauren showed me pictures of a birthday party that I didn't even know was happening... looked like a good time!

I guess my invitation got lost in the mail? Or cyberspace? Or something? Tell the proud parents I forgive them... this time!

-Michael