Thursday, March 13, 2014

Failure to Communicate Part Two

What we have here is a failure to communicate EFFECTIVELY.  There was communication, no doubt, starting in my office at 8:00 with a teacher coming in to, um, to "share" her concerns about a situation.  Said "failure to communicate effectively" continued throughout the day, ending with another meeting in the boss's office at 5:30.   Drove to church for Wednesday supper and snipped at the spouse in front of people once I got there.  Drove home thinking I needed a grandbaby hug. Took 3 Ibuprofen, got in a hot shower and just stood there for about 15 minutes.  Watched The Middle and tried to let it unwind.  Time for bed.  Laid awake for awhile, then just...slept, so that was good.

We need to learn so much, people, about how to navigate workplace minefields which really, when it gets down to what the ACTUAL problem is, there's usually a solution and an understanding which can be reached my most reasonable people.  And I am the first in line to admit this - it's when emotions get brought in, and people's feelings get out of whack, and people talk to other people, then drama occurs, things mushroom like an atomic cloud, other issues not even related to this get brought up, it's just...  I can't believe how quickly one can lose perspective.

And so today, I'm off to a meeting at a school in the way northeast part of our district, then back over to the west side, then to the north side school, then back to the west side school to finish the day and to stay late for parent-teacher conferences.

Do I ever need this brown liquid deliciousness in my coffee cup...and reflection on God's greatness, His love for me and for all humanity, His beautiful creation, His faithfulness - new every morning - His unfailing love, His mercy and grace - all this - causes an attitude of peace and joy today as I go where I'm supposed to go and do what I'm supposed to do, all covered by His love.

May you be encouraged today as you meet your own challenges, at work, at home, at school, driving to appointments, in meetings, tearing up walls and ripping out carpets, paying bills, dealing with the 40th snowstorm of the season, wiping snotty noses, whatever you do - may God's grace abound.

2 comments:

MamaRedd said...

You need a "like" button for your blog posts . . .

bluggier said...

Communications issues are some of the greatest issues that ever come up. If we could just figure out how to communicate with one-another...

And is also, I presume, why the great differences in how people perceive the Word of God.