Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Random Thoughts

**  I have a picture on my wall that's crooked.  I have thought many times that I need to fix it.  Haven't done it.  It's true what they say.  When you've reached the end of your rope, you make changes.  I'm not there yet.

**  So several weeks ago I bought a Reader's Digest at Dillons because there was an interesting article in there I wanted to read.  Today, I get in the mail a SAMPLE Reader's Digest for the month of March with a "Welcome Back" offer.  Coincidence?  I don't think so.  I think this is evidence that grocery retailers know what you buy and when you buy it, and this information is passed on to other entities who want to know consumer shopping habits.  I sound a bit paranoid but it's a little too close to the collar for me to think it's just happenstance.

** My son has planted peas already in his garden.  Suddenly, I have the urge to plant peas.  I'll try to get them in the ground, plus red-skinned potatoes this week.

** Haven't thought about the job hardly at all.  I wonder if I'm going to experience "Sunday Night Depression" on the evening of the 23rd.  I know what awaits me but I don't have to face it until 8:00 Monday morning.  AFTER coffee.

** How I am doing on my Facebook fast?  Not good.  I have looked at my grandson's first birthday party pics and his first haircut pics from my son's Facebook page (I asked him to sign on so I could).  I was asked if I feel "more spiritual" having temporarily given up FB.  Nope.  Especially not when I "cheat".  I HAVE engaged in pursuits more noble, however.  So that's a plus.

** Ever notice how certain music causes a feeling of nostalgia, of longing, of melancholy?  Feeling that way this evening as I listen to some beautiful hymn arrangements by Selah.  My soul is refreshed and gratitude comes over me as an ocean wave.

** On a completely different topic, it has dawned on me that as dirty as my laminate floors get - my carpet must have been absolutely filthy.  You vacuum and you just THINK the rugs are clean.  They're not.

Told you these thoughts were random.  Nothing to see here, just move along.

1 comment:

bluggier said...

You don’t need to see his identification … These aren’t the droids you’re looking for … He can go about his business … Move along.

--OBI-WAN KENOBI, Star Wars: A New Hope