Sunday, March 09, 2014

DST

Good morning Daylight Saving Time!  I hate you!

Ok, now that's out of the way...actually, "hate" is probably too strong a word.  I dislike you intensely.  I have never understood the concept of cutting off one end of the blanket, sewing it on the other end, and insisting you have a longer blanket.  But that's just me.  I was listening to a radio conversation where the morning host was saying that you COULD, in your own little kingdom, refuse to acknowledge DST and just perform all of your obligations an hour earlier.  That would mean I would arrive at school at 7:00ish, and get to leave, well on a normal day, at 3:30 ish!  Wow! I'd love getting off at 3:30.  Except it's not really 3:30...

On another note, today is Sunday, and a nice day it will be.  We are in the midst of our "spring campaign" at church in our ministry, Parkview Cares for Cleaveland (Cleaveland school a few blocks west of the church) and are collecting items that teachers indicated they would like to have. So far in this new ministry, we have provided Thanksgiving dinner and a grocery shower for several families, a gift card shower for Christmas, where 8 or 9 families were helped, a mitten and glove shower for students, and now a "teacher shower"  (who wouldn't want to be showered with teachers?)  In case you didn't know, teachers pay for much of their own supplies.  These teachers are asking for hand sanitizer, Kleenexes, and wipes to fight off the germ fest that their classrooms are, dry erase markers, paper towels, sandwich bags, pencils, printer paper, etc - not anything too terribly expensive.  We can do that and are glad to help.

The coffee is very good this morning - I finally figured out what was going on with the awful coffee I was brewing every morning.  One sniff in the coffee can told me it had "turned".  Yuck.  So now we have new coffee (it's supposed to be "smooth" and have less acidity) and a half gallon of "drinking water" from the jug, and I've got a pretty good cup to get my day started with.

Aren't you glad you're reading this blog?  It's nothing but minutia after minutia and it will continue to be like this at a fast clip for awhile.

I miss Facebook, but am finding plenty to fill my time.  Like ruminating about DST and bad coffee.

No comments: