Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Hate everything? Nah...not me...

Do I really hate everything as I stated in my last blog entry? No, no, I don’t really hate everything. I was just venting, letting off a little, oh, maybe negative energy. And I felt so much better after I posted it…posted for the world to see…which caused G, a lifelong compadre and devoted friend, to send me an email. After apologizing for her words, and saying, “I know you’re going to hate me for this , but here I go again…” , she writes, “Where is the joy and the gratefulness and the thankfulness, for the way God has provided, sustained, and walked you through everything to get to this point? Where is the realization that without God you can do nothing and that He has it all under control?”

Well said, G. And, if you don’t mind me saying so, “Ouch”. But see, I’m a person who pretty well lets it all come out verbally, I don’t hold back a lot. I am getting better in my old age-I sure don’t put my foot in my mouth clear up to my knee as much as I used to. But if you were to ask my family, they’d probably tell you the same thing. I have brothers, a sister, and many in-laws who can testify that yes, I’m a transparent person, and there’s usually no guessing how I feel about a subject. I’ve heard it said, “I don’t get ulcers, I GIVE them.” That’s the way “venters” are. We just have to get all the frustration out, then we feel great. Everyone else is in shreds, but, hey, we’re doin’ just fine-what’s YOUR problem????

So, every once in awhile, my frustrations surface, and out it comes. I’m not making excuses, and it’s not what I should be doing. But it’s all about perspective, and that’s why I’m grateful to G and everyone else who helps me balance. There are days I feel like I’m walking a pretty thin tightrope of sanity, but if I can just put one foot in front of the other and walk on, I’ll be okay.

This week and part of next I’ll be screening kindergarteners to determine if the little buggers are ready for first grade. I hope I can keep the germs and viruses at bay while I’m testing. Have a good week all.

No comments: