Sunday, April 23, 2006

30 years of marriage

Well, April 24 is a special day for me- I’ve been married, let’s see, I’ve been married 30 years as of tomorrow.  Is that a long time or what?  

I was going to try to write something elegant about this, but words are sorta failing me.  I don’t see my husband a lot - the main reason is because he works two jobs in order to support me as I go to school.  He has never complained about doing that - I’m so grateful for his support and encouragement.

What’s it like to be married for 30 years?  Well, it’s comfortable.  It’s a good routine.  It’s secure.  And, you’ve got the whole issue of taking each other for granted, but that’s another subject for another time.

For right now, this Sunday evening, I just want to say that I’m blessed to have him here with me.  Thanks, dear, for all you do.  

1 comment:

bluggier said...

Does he read your blog? Will he ever see your compliment?