Monday, April 10, 2006

Good Monday Morning

Good morning!  6:00am on a Monday…and I’m sorta chipper.  (Isn’t coffee an amazing drug?)  I’m on the downhill slope to completion.  I have, let’s see, six more weeks of practicum.  Five weeks until graduation.  Two weeks before all reports need to be done.  Deadlines, deadlines.  They don’t call ‘em “dead” for nothing.  Sometimes by the time you reach a deadline successfully, you feel like you COULD be dead…

I haven’t said much about work at the practicum site recently. Last week I finished screening kindergarteners to ascertain readiness for first grade.  This week I’m helping finish up evaluations, and in fact, need to do some testing.  I think I’m going with a special education class to the zoo on the 21st-that’ll be an adventure.  And, I’m hoping in doing that, I can check off a few more of those practicum requirements.  Did I mention  that for practicum there are 11 standards, and each standard has anywhere from 3 to 10 indicators that must be met in a semester?  It takes like 2 hours just to check off what you’ve done for the week on the evaluation form.      

On another subject, I didn’t get around to wishing my oldest child a happy birthday last week on the blog.  We did take her and my son-in-law out to eat to celebrate, but I thought I should give her a line here.  She was born on Easter Sunday 26 years ago, and her birthday has never fallen on Easter since.  I looked it up one time on the ‘net, and she’ll be like in her 50’s before just the right combination of equinox, Sundays, and birthdays all roll around to be on Easter again.  

I think that’s about it.  Time to get rollin’.  

No comments: