Thursday, April 13, 2006

No whining allowed or "aloud" as the case may be...

It’s gonna be 90 degrees today!  Is it summer?  It feels like it.  I am enduring a second round of coughing, sneezing, and congestion-I just got over it, now here it is again.  And I know it sounds weird, but I can tell you exactly when and where I was when I first noticed that scratchy tickle in my throat- I was in a meeting at a school where we were discussing a preschooler’s readiness to enter kindergarten.  Shortly after that my sinuses filled up, shortly after that the sneezing started, and within two hours, I had a full blown problem.  Yesterday evening the body aches started, and by 10:00pm I was miserable.  HOWEVER, I must state that there are others who battle physical illnesses every day of their lives so much worse than a bad cold.  I should not devote blog space to whining about that when others are dealing with far worse.  I’m thinking of you, G., and of someone I know who has liver cancer, and someone else with severe heart problems.  God bless you today, if you are reading this and are suffering a debilitating illness.  You’d probably exchange your problems with my cold malady any day of the week.

This is my last day to work this week at my school, but I’ll be working at home tomorrow on some things.  It seems there are a lot of things for a school psychologist to do at the end of the year-finishing up evaluations would rank pretty high.  In talking to some in this field, there isn’t enough time left in the year to complete those evaluations that were requested in February or March, so those will have to wait until next fall.  

Next week I’m doing a Functional Behavior Assessment (look that up on the net) and am going to try to get to more of those benchmarks that are required in my practicum but which I haven’t done yet.  There are like a million indicators you have to fulfill.  Well, not that many, but it seems like it.

Gotta get going.  The end is near…

1 comment:

fritz said...

Yo obviously haven't a clue of how to take care of yourself when attacked by germs. It's not an accident that I was known as the neighborhood vitamin "freak" as early as 1970. It was because I was assiduously pursuing information that might help me to overcome seven or eight trips to the doctor every year for really severe respiratory infections. Since I was successful, perhaps I know somthing you don't know.

For more information, contact me.

pianofritz2.blogspot.com