Monday, June 22, 2009

Answers you've been waiting for

I'm sure you all are waiting intensely to find out the answers to the questions I posted in my last blog, so here they are:

1. The tick is not an insect, it is an arachnid, belonging to the superfamily, Ixodoidea, which, along with other mites, constitute the Acarina. Caterpillars, which is what I thought the answer was, are the larval form of Lepidoptera, which is the insect order belonging to butterflies and moths.

2. False. According to "Everyday English", every sentence must end with either a period or a question mark.

And there you have it! You are more informed than you were before if you got these questions incorrect.

So, I am mowing this morning before it gets to be 90 degrees at noon, although with the humidity, it feels like 90 right now. I mowed for 30 minutes, which was about half the backyard and I am wiped out. I'd like to finish it this morning, so I'll drink my water and go back out in a minute. I really should hire one of my sons to do this (actually, shouldn't they come over here and do it for free?).

In other news I have, either for the better or worse, activated my facebook page which has been inactive for quite a while now, since I first set it up. I think facebook could be the biggest time waster that we have in our society today, but I can see the appeal. I think. Linda and I are playing a Scrabble game lasting over the course of several days, which is a new idea for me-I always thought Scrabble needs to be played to its ultimate conclusion the same afternoon you start it, but what do I know? I told my husband he needs a facebook page, if for no other reason than to play the games on it. He wouldn't be good at "What are you thinking", as he:
*** 1. Is semi anti-social, depending on where he's at
*** 2. Cannot imagine that people would want to know what he really thinks
*** 3. Cannot imagine that he would be that interested in the minutia that other people are thinking

Time to go back out to the heat of the jungle.

No comments: