Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Living where?

Word for the day: EREMOPHILOUS a. Inhabiting a desert. You might use this word to describe any number of wildlife such as snakes, camels, spiders, or coyotes. The author of the book, "The Superior Person's Second Book of Weird & Wondrous Words" states that it also may apply to the classic condition of a person who has just had a new home built, but has to choose between curtains or a lawn.

I was quite busy outside today, and, I might add, I got quite dirty. I potted up all the annuals I purchased which will decorate the tables for my son and daughter-in-law's wedding reception on Saturday, and, while I was dirty, I decided to plant all the other things I'd bought previously, as well as move and replant three bushes. I pulled grass and weeds out of a front flower bed, and gave out about 6:30pm before all the work was done, but tomorrow's another day.

I love wearing my crocs outside to do yardwork, but my feet get extremely grimy in them. Usually I rinse them and my feet off with the hose, but I didn't do that this time. I talked to somebody at church who, get this, liked her crocs, but didn't like the dirty feet she got while wearing them, SO, she installed DUCT TAPE over the holes of her crocs - works like a charm she says.

Time to get to bed. Tomorrow more weeding and yard work awaits me, but I really need to do some things in the house too. The days go by way too fast!

No comments: