Friday, June 05, 2009

Friday and, the "B" word for today

What a beautiful morning! Not too hot yet. I went to the garden store and bought a couple of 6 pack annuals and some other things for the front oval flower bed-I still don't have that place worked up yet. I did transplant some peonies out there last fall and they came up great, but a neighbor kid's ball landed on them and broke most of the stems off. I was sick when I saw them. The 3 little bushes I planted out there are just struggling to survive. I bet the soil isn't very good. I'm thinking I need to move the the peonies yet again to another spot where they will have a chance to survive, and the ornamental bushes as well. I then took Lyd for a walk at Riverside Park today-she's getting better and better about walking with me. It seems she still has to stop every 4 feet to sniff something but even that's improving. After we walked a couple of rounds we stopped under a tree and rested. She drank out of her water bowl and I drank my 20 oz. water bottle. Because I've been working outside, the inside of my house needs my attention badly.

Word for the day: Bicrural. a. Having two legs. "I am sorry to have to say this in front of your new boyfriend, Hortense, but he is BICRURAL, and I cannot be persuaded otherwise."

(From The Superior Person's Second Book of Weird & Wondrous Words, by Peter Bowler. )

1 comment:

bluggier said...

I'll have to adumbrate on what it bodes for me to be bicrural.