Monday, July 13, 2009

I'm back

It's been a long time since I've written, almost a month. I know people check this blog every once in awhile, so I'm going to try posting regularly.

We've just finished with our annual family reunion, and what a great time it was! I'm so grateful that almost everyone in our extended family was able to come and be with us. Our family, the descendents of John and Estella Plank, are many and diverse. We get along well even though we have different viewpoints on many issues. These reunions restore family ties that become faint when we do not interact with some who live far away. They enable me to truly appreciate those things in life which are not material. Our music director has a saying that music is the only thing we get to take to heaven and I tend to disagree-we will also take relationships with us.

Well the old man is home and ready to sit down here to unwind, so until tomorrow, I am-

Just Me

No comments: