Thursday, July 30, 2009

New Walk

I walked a new route with Lydia today. We parked at the Keeper of the Plains, then started out on the bike path, walked around by the All American Indian Center, continued through Exploration Place, out on 1st street, walked east to near Waco and took the walk behind "Riverwalk Church", then went north on the path by the river all the way back to the Keeper. It was a very pleasant walk, but longer than what I'm used to, and I'm feeling tired now that I'm back home. Lydia is sacked out on the floor beside me, not a wiggle left in her fuzzy body. In actuality, it was only about 35 minutes, but for someone like me, that's a long time! When I walk at Riverside, I go around twice, which takes me about 25 minutes.

I love the wildlife I see on my walks-today a white bird with a long wing span flew within feet of me as it took off from its resting spot in the water. We "terrorized" a flock of geese, who gave warning honks to Lyd and one old gander (you can tell cuz he was wearing suspenders and high-water pants-ha!) fluffed up his feathers to about twice his size, saying, "You wanna piece of me?? You??? Come on over here!" He stood his ground as we walked right on by him. I will miss these mornings as in just another week, I head back to work and will have to do evening walks.

What a beautiful morning it is! I couldn't have custom made it better, weather-wise. It does not feel like July here. I understand that our friends in the northeast are baking under 100+ temps, and I feel for them as most do not have central AC. It's like we switched places with them-we have their cool mornings, rain and moderate days and they have our scorching heat.

I will soon begin the painting project again-with the rain I haven't been able to get as far as I'd hoped. I have two more windows primed and will try to get some paint on them today. So with that in mind, I will take my leave.

No comments: