Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'm thinking of you

It was said yesterday, "So, now that everybody's on Facebook, there's no blogging going on." Well, that could be the case, although, there are things I don't like about FB, and I'm sure that when I go back to work, it may get neglected from time to time. But overall, I have enjoyed it. I repeat my contention that it could be the worst time waster ever invented. Right now I'm embarrassed to confess that I'm participating in "Farmville", where I have a virtual farm I'm plowing, planting, harvesting, milking virtual cows, etc. I notice some of my Farmville "neighbors" play the game with a fervor unequaled to anything I've seen in awhile. It's all about making money, so you can advance in farming operation levels and even in this benign context, competitiveness comes out! I do enjoy visiting others' farms because one can be creative in choosing which crops to plant and in arranging trees, barns, etc. There's no septic system on this farm to muck things up, no hail to destroy your crops, no wolves to get your chickens, no diseases to get your cows, and no fungus which grows on your fruit trees. I would conjecture that those who actually live on farms would not play this game.

I've scraped and primed my porch trim on one side, and will paint today. We are blessed with cool weather for July so there's a lot that can get done outside.

We figured out where the Houdini dog is escaping, and I hope I have at least temporarily fixed that problem. The neighbor told me yesterday that she just freaks out when there is even a slight rumble of thunder in the distance and that's when she tries to get out, although she's done it also on clear days and I've gone to run some errands. If I'm home, she doesn't usually try to escape.

Well, on to painting. As I leave this blog, my thoughts today are with those in my circle of family and friends who are struggling with unemployment or under employment, those who have financial difficulties, those who have broken hearts, those struggling with health concerns, and those who are trying to make sense of situations that are difficult to understand with human perspective. I have nothing magical to say which would relieve you of your burden, but if you happen to read this blog, I hope you know your family loves you and that you are in my prayers.

1 comment:

bluggier said...

I echo your last statements.