Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Wednesday, Wednesday

Wednesday, Wednesday, so good to meeee…..Wednesday, Wednesday, it was all I  hoped it would beeeee….

So, yeah.  Mid week.  Things are picking up.  I am working at 2 elementary schools, 1 middle school, an alternative school, and a high school.  I have 4 people I work for directly, and 2 people I answer to sort of indirectly.  I feel extremely disorganized because I’ve met so many people I can’t remember who works at what school…I’m doing good to be at the correct school on the correct day, let alone remember who goes where.  I am now called “Mrs. ****” on a regular basis, by both kids and staff, which is sort of odd for me.  It makes me feel old because it reminds me that I called my mother-in-law “Mrs. ****” many years ago when she was still living (I never got around to the informal first name basis with her, or the even more casual, “Mom”).

I have some scheduled assessment appointments to help with both initial and re-evaluations, and it looks like I’ll be working in the after school program as well – I may have an opportunity to provide some counseling there to a couple of children who, it was explained to me today, have “issues”.    

The schedule isn’t any easier, but I surely do enjoy the drive.  It’s an opportunity for me to plan my day on the way there, and to unwind on the way back.  What I learned today:  Even a school psych who is an “old hand” at her/his job makes mistakes.  And after becoming an “old hand”,  I will too.  

Time to head to church.  Changing hats completely, I’m heading up a committee meeting to plan our spring women’s retreat.  Then choir practice.  Then home.  Tomorrow it’s up at dark-thirty to do it again.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heading up a church women's committee demands all of the psychological skills one can muster.