Sunday, December 10, 2006

Creative Folding

I'm not a craft person. I don't have a creative bone in my body when it comes to arranging things, painting, scrapbooking, or decorating. But yesterday, I learned about iris folding. Check out this website: http://www.irisfolding.circleofcrafters.com

Have you heard of this? At the "Annual Handmade Christmas Craft" session at our church, we made the bell (click on "free pattern of the month, then scroll down to the November pattern, the Christmas bell.) To get the instructions about how to do this, click the word "Heart" under "Free Pattern with Step by Step Instructions". I can't believe how simple it is, at least, the bell was simple. It looks like there are more complicated patterns available. Try it and let me know what you think. Jay, I was thinking your girls would enjoy this craft, and Rebekah and I will volunteer to have a session and teach it to them, maybe the end of January.

Tomorrow will be sort of a weird Monday. I'm taking my youngest son to the surgical center for a minor procedure first thing in the morning, I have a training session in the afternoon, a meeting with my mentor tomorrow after the training, then going to an internship meeting in the evening. I'll try to stay awake through everything. Nothing like getting up at 5:00am to get your day rolling.

Did ya catch that Shocker win yesterday? WSU is 7-0. Take THAT, Michael. KU STINKS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a great time with you on Saturday. I just thought that you should know that. I am glad that we can do things like that together. Some people are not as lucky as I am to have a great mom.

bluggier said...

Folding???
Iris???
Artsy-craftsy???
You???