Monday, January 29, 2007

Oh, my head hurts

I'm sorry I haven't posted recently. I know some of you check this blog regularly and when I've not posted, you're probably wondering what's going on. Last week was not a good week for me-and this week is starting in the same vein. I worked at school from 8:00 this morning until 6:45 this evening. I am testing two kids who have suspected learning disabilities, but neither are "textbook" cases, which requires me to administer more tests to try and determine what is going on in those little brains. Those of you who are psychologists, what do you think about the VADS? Do you ever administer it?

And also last week, I had the unfortunate experience of forgetting about a staffing, and walking in unprepared. It was a re-evaluation and I had the testing done, but I was unprepared to present my report. I absolutely hated that feeling and I will NOT, if it is in my power, I will NOT do that ever again. I had two staffings scheduled tomorrow, but neither one will happen for various reasons, so I have a reprieve. Briefly. Then it's into the fire again.

I heard through the grapevine that the school I wasn't at today was in "lockdown" for part of the afternoon. That's all I've heard, so I'm anxious to get in tomorrow and find out what happened. Back in my school days, we didn't have lockdowns, but we had "bomb drills". When I was a kid in 4th, 5th, and 6th grades, during the cold war, (yes, I'm that old), we thought somebody was gonna nuke us about any time. So every month they blew a siren and we went down into the locker room and sat cross-legged on the floor with our heads down. That will prevent fallout poisoning, doncha know.

I'll try to write again this week. I'm a little stressed.

2 comments:

bluggier said...

At least, if nothing else, you learned in grade school what you need to do to keep the sky from hurting you when it falls.

Rebekah said...

Breathe in........Breathe out.........

Now see don't ya feel better;)
Don't be stressed the Lord knows what he is doing. He is never give you anything you can't handle.