Thursday, May 04, 2006

Just rambling

Well, I can see these jokes went over big time.  I can hear your uproarious laughter from here.  You’re welcome.  I’m glad to add a little levity to your day.
*****
I just heard a peal of thunder.  I guess it rained last night but I wouldn’t know-I slept pretty soundly-only woke up twice-for the first time in many nights.  
*****
I’ve got 3 weeks to go working on practicum, and 10 days before graduation.  I’m feeling a little nervous and pressured, but am thinking, if I can just HANG ON, I’ll make it. If I can just HANG ON, I’ll make it.  HANG ON.  There’s quite a bit of work to do on practicum yet, but not overwhelming.  I think the most stress is coming from not having two incompletes changed to grades yet.  I’m nervewracked waiting on the professor to do so and thoughts of getting up there and not being able to graduate because the grades weren’t changed are racing through my head.  She assures me they will be changed-just HANG ON.  Sigh.
*****
If you’re human, this has happened to you -you’re living your life, ambling along, not bothering anybody, doing your job-when all of a sudden, a situation you were blissfully unaware of rears its ugly head and upsets the tranquility of life.  This happened to me on Tuesday evening.  A very messy situation came to my attention, and even though I was involved in it in a minor way several weeks ago, now it seems that I’m involved in a major way because my minor involvement was gossiped about by several people which then, mushroomed into major involvement a couple of weeks ago.  How’s that for confusing.  This gossip and talk really hurt a third party and now we have a mess.  Here’s the life lesson:  Don’t talk about others when you don’t know what you’re talking about.  And don’t talk about others even when you DO know what you’re talking about-more often than not, it’s a hurtful thing.  
*****
That’s all.



1 comment:

bluggier said...

Oh, if we would only heed that advice....