Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day Twenty

     It's Day Twenty!  It's been a long month!  No, not really but I miss miss miss my family's comings and goings as they post statuses (statusi?) on FB.  Those things I really need to know about I do know, but the rest of it is just minutia on the cake, so to speak.
     Lots of interesting things this week work-wise.  I spoke to the principal today about the difficult situation with a co-worker, and she seemed glad to know of my concern.  Together we developed a plan, and I'll let you know how it works out.  Interesting kids to deal with - I wish I could tell you some details about "Margaret" (not her real name).  We are requesting some old medical information that we think will be instrumental in helping us figure out what's going on with her.  We met with parents and my interest in her grew from that conversation.  I'm currently evaluating her and worked with her today.  She's so.... pardon the repetition..... "interesting"!   I believe she may have suffered some brain damage due to a childhood accident and this damage is affecting her in some unusual ways.  I'll need to look through my research on Traumatic Brain Injury and see what's in there.
     I also have been presented with the opportunity for some part time work on the side, about 10 hours a month.  More info later after I meet with the person.  I'm not sure it's right for me, but I'd make a little money, which would be very helpful.  
     My prayers continue for those who are going through some tough times.  My son-in-law is still unemployed, and about cut his finger off yesterday trimming pork chops - needed several stitches to get it back together.  A nephew-in-law is possibly getting laid off, my son is needing full time hours somewhere so he can become self-supporting.  My brother-in-law may be job hunting soon.  Someone has a new diagnosis of breast cancer, and someone else is about month 5 of his stay in the hospital and at the rehab center.  A teacher had a medical problem in a classroom today and an ambulance needed to be called.  Lots of situations - lots of stress.  Our God is faithful to hear our requests, and to answer according to His Word and will.  May peace rest on those who are weary, discouraged, sad, and whose future is uncertain. 

No comments: