Monday, September 10, 2012

Day Ten

     So this evening, a friend and I went to the first rehearsal of the Wichita Chorale Society to prepare to present "Messiah" this December.  I have not sung in a large choir in a very long time, and this rehearsal kept me on my toes.  Our director is professional, but humorous - a trait that that I'm sure I will appreciate as we move into more and more difficult passages of this work.  I have invited Jay and Dan to participate, but I know they are both busy, and probably don't have time - however, I think both would enjoy it greatly.  There are no auditions, you just come and sing.  I have a copy of this oratorio, and have already started marking troublesome spots in the alto section of the music we worked on this evening.  It's dedicated Monday evenings in my already crowded schedule, but as I explained to my sister, when I think about or am involved in producing music, instrumentally or vocally, I use a different part of my brain than I use all day at work and it feels pretty good.
     Speaking of work, I spent most all day in meetings.  I know they pay me to evaluate kids, to provide intervention services, to consult with teachers, and a dozen other things, but none of that got done today.  None.  I'm feeling a little stressed already, this early in the year, but that's ok - I'll deal with it just like I always do.
     Going to bed early I think.  I have started THREE novels, all are interesting, and all are getting read little by little.  Normally I don't do that, I read one book at a time, but I just couldn't wait to dive into the latest John Grisham paperback (I know, I know) plus I'm reading a western historical narrative, and a murder mystery set in Kansas (not for the faint-hearted).  My day is over - time for reading!

1 comment:

MamaRedd said...

Book titles, please? I just finished a non-fiction book, "God's Hotel," by Victoria Sweet that I found to be pretty interesting.