Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Day Twenty Six

     Wowza, I have missed 2 days of blogging.  I have to tell you to the truth, even after doing this for almost a MONTH, I completely forgot about it.  Isn't the human brain interesting.  Let's see, Monday evening I had "Messiah" practice with the Wichita Chorale, and last night the women who go to my Tuesday night Bible study got together for dinner at Jose Peppers, then I took Rebekah home, then I talked to my sister on Messenger, then I went to bed. 
     With Monday evening practices, I'm gone from home 4 nights a week.  Not counting Friday evenings, when our family usually goes out to eat.  Last night was fun, though.  We stopped in over at Scott and Laura's to see kids, and to see exhausted parents - well momma anyway.  Dad looked pretty healthy and chipper.  I played two games of "Memory" with Rachel - guess who won, Rebekah read a book with Gabe, we interacted with Julia (with translation help), and we held the baby, who does what many babies do in the evenings - she fusses for a period of time from about 6:00 on.  Momma can't get much done.  I thought having 3 kids under 5 was a challenge!  Bless her heart, Laura is hanging on to sanity the best she can.  I feel for her.
     We got some relief last night in the form of rain rain rain.  I hear about 3 inches in the Wichita area - but it was so dry, a lot of it ran off.  Today more rain, so I hope it soaks in more.  My house is scraped on the north side, but because it's wet, no painting will happen today.  Did I tell you about that?  My friend Cindy, a jack-of-all-trades but particularly a painter, and a sheetrocker, and a remodeler etc. is painting for me.  I don't want to climb up a scaffold (somehow I see disaster looming ahead) but she does it like we would breathe, so I'll just hire her.  She's worth her money so I don't have to scrape and paint.
     The bicycle is ready for the homeless person attending our church so we picked it up last night, and the pastor will deliver it to him today.  He's also got a helmet, an air pump, and a bike lock as well.  It turned out really nice - they cleaned it up and put on new tires, fixed the chain, etc.  It looks great.  Thanks to my son-in-law for his donation.  Time to get going - have a great day.

No comments: