Monday, September 17, 2012

Day Seventeen

     I started the day out at the parochial school I serve, right at 8:00am, working with a student who I think has a really significant learning disability.  I finished some testing with him, then sat in a two hour Child Study Team meeting.  Lunch with the girls followed, then back to the building where I interviewed a student and gave a writing test to another kid.  An informal meeting with a special ed teacher followed, and yadda yadda - before I knew it, I was hauling my bag to the car and it was 5:30.
     BUT - it's Monday evening, and time to go practice with the Wichita Chorale!  I invited my brother to sing with us and he seemed to enjoy himself - he told me singing "Messiah" was on his "informal bucket list".  Happy to help you, brother.  He is a good addition to the bass section.  Tenors need more voices so hopefully some more help will show up.
     Did I mention that I'm gonna need to pay it forward - a former school employee now retired ran into our little lunch group at the restaurant we were at and when we left, we discovered that she picked up the tab for all four of us!  Quite generous of her, and I plan to bless someone else likewise. 
     In other great news, the football team at a middle school in Maize decided to allow a disabled student the opportunity to carry the ball 67 yards and score a touchdown for their team.  The opponents were well aware of the plan and favorably disposed their defense so he could run for the score.  He said on the news that he felt "on top of the world", and I bet he does. 
     What a great day - I hope you all rest well this evening. 

No comments: