Sunday, September 09, 2012

Day Nine

     So today, I cheated a LITTLE.  Rebekah was over and showed me a picture that was posted on her Facebook page.  I peeked a tiny bit while she was scrolling, and oh my, some interesting things have happened since I left it behind, but that's ok.  Also, my sister was kind enough to send me a picture she thought I might like that someone had posted, and I appreciate that.  Today in a little time of relaxation, I enjoyed the cooler weather from my porch and also from the backyard, while I watched a flock of birds descend into the neighbor's tree.  The leaves shimmered in the sunlight, and I almost thought I might be in a jungle with all the chirping, cawing, crowing, and trilling going on.
     Some of the birds have left for the winter, but some will be here through the duration.  I fed birdseed some last year, and tried to have fresh water out from time to time.  Have you checked into the price of birdseed lately?  It's gone up considerably.  I don't put out the cheap stuff but at these prices - I might have to mix it in.
     It's going to be a busy week.  I am going to do something Monday night which I will post more on here IF I decide to continue it.  I'm being mysterious, but really, it's not a big deal - just something I heard about, and am going to participate in for one rehearsal to see if I want to continue.  More later.
     Have a wonderful week.  I hope you recharged your batteries in a spiritual way this weekend - try to put into practice something that challenged you this week.  As a Sunday School class teacher, I have discovered, as I'm sure some of you know as well, that the teacher learns more than the students.  You can't really teach something you haven't personally experienced, and that's a challenge for me this week as we talked about emulating God's holiness. 
     Blessings to all as we continue our sojourn here.

No comments: