Saturday, September 22, 2012

Day Twenty Two

     I missed yesterday - I didn't even think about it - however, you should know that I went to bed about 9:00.   Exhaustion does not wear well on me. 
     Today I had lunch with the daughter and SIL, ran into the son and DIL at Lowe's, shopped, decorated my porch table for September, chatted with the neighbor over the fence, bought paint and hired my friend Cindy to scrape, caulk and paint the north side of my house, drove up to Valley Center to give my brother some money, chatted with the OTHER next door neighbor, put gas in my car, etc etc etc.  You know what Saturdays are like.  I didn't even finish half the stuff on my list.  Now tonight the spouse is home from his second job and it's so cute how Lydia finds her hot dog and gets it so he will play with her the second he gets home.  He's crawling around on the floor with her having a great time.  For somebody who didn't even want a dog in the first place - I'd say he's got himself quite a companion. 
     I read in the paper that the mice and spiders are out in full force this fall.  It's time to put some D-Con under the house, and spray for those arachnids that make their way inside.  Normally, little spiders don't bother me, however, I found a Black Widow in the house crawling up the wall last spring, so I'm more concerned about it.
     Time for bed.  Hope you had a productive Saturday and that you enjoyed this first full day of Fall, 2012. 

No comments: