Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Day Seven Post Brain Reboot

Recovery is going slow but well - it's baby steps every day.   This never happens at a fast enough pace no matter what the injury - and part of it is to just learn to be patient and wait for healing to come.

I'm walking ok except for some veering in other directions and some balance issues.  Speech/commnication is still a bit odd and not quite "normal" - sometimes it seems to take me awhile to find words particularly mid sentence just in social conversation.  I'm also having some sensory issues but not to the extreme - I've found that taking naps when my body is tired helps with that.  All in all, it could be worse and as I said yesterday, I am profoundly grateful.  

Doctor's appointment tomorrow, and I'm going to try to see my district supervisor to discuss work related issues.  Also I will try to make it to church for Wednesday night dinner, so it'll be a full day.  

On the schedule today - playing the keyboard and just doing some housework.  I'm trying to work the crossword puzzle in the paper and just practice walking.  It's such nice weather that I might try to walk down the sidewalk to the end of the block and back.  

Encouragement for today comes from Lamentations:

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
   for His compassions never fail,
They are new every morning;
   Great is your faithfulness.

I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion;
  therefore I will wait for Him."

The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,
   to the one who seeks him;
It is good to wait quietly
   for the salvation of the Lord."

Lamentations 3:22-26 NIV

No comments: