Monday, December 14, 2015

Day 14

I'm starting my 3rd week of being off work.  I feel pretty good almost all the time, and would like to go back, but am waiting on the doctor to look at all of the slides from the tests I had at Wesley and tell me what he thinks happened.  I hope to hear from him today.  In the meantime, I wait.

I could be all mature and tell you what I've learned so far, but it's a work in progress.  One thing I know - I'm an independent person and it's been hard for me to ask for rides or other accommodations. I would much rather be the person that gives to someone else - not that I'm so altruistic but because frankly, it's easier I think.   The other thing is that I have to work hard at staying in a routine and on a schedule.  I find it difficult to find "meaningful" work when I'm here at home, so having things planned to do, even though I don't necessarily WANT to do them, helps.

My study through the Psalms is continuing.  We're studying David's life in my class at church and knowing the background for some of the Psalms he wrote is interesting.  Lots of honest sometimes gutwrenching emotion there, lots of painful plaintive crying out to God is present in his writings.  Thanks be to God these writings were preserved for us today and are so meaningful to so many.

Today I think of those I know who are in far worse circumstances than I find myself in and my prayers are for them.

No comments: