Monday, December 01, 2008

Medical Missionary

In the Friday, November 28 issue issue of the Wichita Eagle, on the front page, was an article about a man named Kevin Raymer, who is the first doctor to participate in the "International Family Medicine Fellowship", the first program of its kind to help train doctors to practice medicine in developing countries. This program is housed at Via Christi Regional Medical Center here in Wichita.

I checked out his blog, and was amazed to read of some of his experiences, as he practices medicine in a rural hospital in Zimbabwe. He is also a man of faith, and shares freely about that as well. I invite you to check it out, but a little warning-some of the pictures he posts are not for the faint of heart.

The blog address is:
http://internationalfamilymedicinefellow.blogspot.com/

In other news, after some difficulties with my washing machine drain, my two brothers are coming by this evening to work on it for me. Words are inadequate to express how grateful I am that I can call these guys to help out, and to help out with a pretty grimy job. I'm making them dinner, but that seems so inadequate! Thanks, Jay and Kevin, for all you do.

1 comment:

Wayne said...

I guess you and your sister are both finding out how nice brothers can be, huh. I checked out the link you had - wow, and I think I have it bad sometimes.

WDK