Thursday, May 29, 2008

All Done In

It's about 7:30 in the evening, and I don't mind telling you, I am DONE. I'm hot, sweaty, and tired, and if I were to give you a litany of what I've accomplished, it probably won't seem like a lot. I picked up a couple of things at WalMart, took my mileage book downtown so the school district can pay me for the miles I put on my car last semester, and mailed a couple of letters. I went to the church to pick up the perishables I put in the church's fridge last night because our refrigerator was on the blink. (Thank you Jay, for coming by and helping us not only decipher what the problem was, but also, for helping Bruce fix it, thus, we avoided an expensive refrigerator man service call.) I cleaned out the furnace closet, and tried to use my carpet spotlifter machine to get mud out that was tracked in yesterday all over my freshly shampooed carpeting during the refrigerator crisis. I thoroughly cleaned both bathrooms. I cleaned the ceiling fan blades in the kitchen, and gathered up trash. I did 2 loads of laundry. I'm just flat tired, but it seems I should be able to do more than this without petering out.

Tomorrow morning, Bruce and I are going to see the new exhibit at Exploration Place - it's called, "Our Body-The Universe Within". It's a little controversial because the exhibit features real human cadavers which have been preserved through infusing them with liquid plastic. The cadavers are then posed and in some cases, sliced in order for visitors to get a unique glimpse into how our bodies function. It has been noted that visitors to this exhibit often exclaim wonderment at the creation of the human body, and are amazed at what an awesome "tent" (as the apostle Paul would say) we live in. I am looking forward to going, and will write of my impressions after our visit.

It's a breezy evening, cooler, but very humid. We didn't get any rain today, which is good, and I'm hoping the yard will be dry enough to mow. The neighbor has mowed hers so that's a good sign.

I think I'm ready for a shower. Tomorrow is sort of a "vacation day", not only are we going to the exhibit, I think we're going to see Prince Caspian. My daughter blessed her dad with some theater tickets for his birthday, so tomorrow might just be the day to use them. After that, we need to come home and do some yardwork-I've got some flowers and bushes to plant.

Here's to that good, tired, feeling you get when you've accomplished something-I'll sleep well tonight I'm sure.

No comments: