Thursday, May 08, 2008

So much to write about, so little time...

I wrote in earlier posts about a staff member I was having difficulty with-in terms of her wanting things a certain way and making decisions about the way I did my job that she had no right to make. I have stood up for myself the last couple of times that we have had to handle certain situations, so now she has taken to emailing me and questioning MY decisions. She cc's the principal and that's ok with me-I've got nothing to hide about anything I've ever done. I'm always polite and professional, but then I come home and get cranky with those I live with.

The person from the other school district who contacted me by email about a job offered a salary of 8K a year less than I will be making next year. I politely declined last night-see, I can be polite when I need to be. We'll see if there's a counteroffer or not. I would guess not.

On a different subject, I went out and cut some lilacs from the bush and brought them in the house last night. These lilacs are spring late bloomers, and, they are minature ones. These few are sure making the house scented. I noticed the peony plant is a lot bigger than it was last spring, and it has several buds on it. I would like to move it but am not sure when the best time is to do that. Somebody who knows about peonies needs to let me know that.

I've got a busy day today starting with a staff meeting at 8, an evaluation at 9:15, and another meeting at 3:00. Hopefully between times I will be testing testing testing kids. I shouldn't be this busy the last 3 weeks of school, but I am. I've already told the team that I'm NOT doing this next year - we're going to have to make some changes in how we schedule things. So, I'll be going. Have a great day, everyone.

No comments: