Saturday, March 18, 2006

I'm here...

See, this is what happens when you have a bad week. The last thing you want to do is update your blog.  Then, people talk to you about it.  Barbara, I love ya like a daughter…thanks for the reminder!
     I said in an email to someone that I feel pulled in about 14 different directions, and part of my energy always goes to creating plans B,C,D, and E just in case Plan A doesn’t work out.  It’s a survival strategy and one that I see far too few “young” people doing these days.  My kids don’t.  And they’ve even watched me do this for years, yet, they are invincible.  “Who, me?  I need a Plan B?  Not me…”
     Things are going forward at work.  I am evaluating a couple of children who may unfortunately, have disabilities which are relatively rare.  This surprises me, considering how small the district is I’m working in. This week, I have also visited with a couple of parents of other kids being served in special education and as always, am struck by their commitment to always want the best for their child, and also, see the best, when others do not.  Parents who have been called to raise a child in these most difficult circumstances have my admiration.  
This weekend and next week during spring break, I will be toiling on reports for a class I have an incomplete in.  But for fun today, I’m making chili, and chicken noodle soup.  It’s a gray, rainy day and those comfort foods seemed to fit well.  They are like, well, like “home”.  
       
     

No comments: