Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Finally Warmer!

What a day!  So let's forget about the first 9 hours of the day, and instead, focus on what happened when I got home.  It was a perfectly beautiful day, albeit a bit windy, so that got me in the mood to put my hands in the dirt!  I planted another row of peas, another row of green onions, some lettuce and spinach in my garden table, lettuce in the other raised bed, planted all the cannas I had, and, I planted some iris bulbs I got from my brother.

I feel much better!  Still a lot to do - the yard needs raked, I need to get mulch, I need to fix some edging, the shed is a mess, I need to take some stuff to the transfer station, yadda - it goes on.  But at LEAST I am planting.

The asparagus is up, but it's not doing very well.  I've only got 3 or 4 spears a day, and out of 10 roots planted last year, only 5 came up this year.  I'm kind of discouraged about that, so I may have to go on fresh asparagus welfare if some other gardener has too much.  Probably ought to do some soil testing - that would help a lot!

Word for the Day:

OBDORMITION  n.  The technical term for the familiar physical condition of a limb "going to sleep".  Sentence use:  "Waldo is the only person I know who gets obdormition of the brain."

No comments: