Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday Musings

Back to work today. I am tired, and it was a long day. I went through a week's worth of email, mail, and other stuff, and attempted to prioritize what needed attention first, but I gotta tell you, it feels pretty good to be back. I hope my energy levels return this week.

I have a supportive spouse who kindly tried to make me feel better when I was down last week - he hardly ever sighed or gave me the "look". So how about a few lighthearted musings on marriage, from the book, "The Best Book of Useless Information Ever":

"I married the first man I ever kissed. When I tell this to my children, they just about throw up." - Barbara Bush

"Ah Mozart! He was happily married-but his wife wasn't." - Victor Borge

"Choose your wife by your ear rather than your eye." - Thomas Fuller

"Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, and half-shut afterwards." - Benjamin Franklin

"I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury." - Groucho Marx

"The best way to get husbands to do something is to suggest that perhaps they are too old to do it." - Shirley MacLaine

"Honeymoon: A short period of doting between dating and debting." - Ray Bandy

"I take my wife everywhere I go. She always finds her way back." - Henny Youngman

"Before marriage, a man will lie awake all night thinking about something you said; after marriage, he'll fall asleep before you finish saying it." - Helen Rowland

No comments: