Saturday, September 15, 2007

"Pilch" vs "Filch"

So, I've revamped the blog. I realized that I have problems writing in this journal because I've always defined myself by my job title. I figured not much else was interesting about me. And I dunno, maybe there isn't. But now that I'm starting my second year on the job, and I'm not in school any more at Wichita State University, maybe there's more that I should discuss on these virtual pages. I take comfort that not too many people read this blog anymore. It doesn't really bother me that I've lost my faithful reader friends who used to check in once in awhile (I miss you guys)! But your lives go on. You have more interesting online activities to pursue than this sometimes boring, sometimes retrospective, sometimes confusing look at life.

So here we are on a Saturday afternoon. This morning was distribution day for Angel Food Ministries at our church and I was the person in charge of making the unpopular decisions. I left about 1:00 with two of my kids who also volunteer (we were the last to walk out the door after clean up) and so I took them to lunch. I really enjoy being with my kids, it seems we are all friends, and can have a good time laughing at our, and others' foibles along the way. (BTW Daniel, "pilch" IS a word meaning: "an infants wrapper worn over a diaper." In the context you used the word in, you meant "filch" i.e., steal, purloin, take, swipe, lift, snaffle, pinch. EX: "Mom, I'm going to FILCH that trash can from that other room and bring it in here", not, "Mom I'm going to "PILCH" that trash can ...etc.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you finally posted again! I really enjoy spending time with you as well. I am glad that we can be friends, and hang out like that.

Rebekah

Anonymous said...

I am definitely going to have to try work "filch" and "pilch" into an upcoming conversation. I knew "filch," but have never heard of "pilch." Look at that . . . you have an educational blog!