Friday, May 01, 2009

Friday

Good morning! It's Friday and normally, people sort of start winding down and wrapping things up. Unless you're planning on working at home on the weekend. Then it's time to think about what paperwork you need to bring home to conquer. That's me. I concurrently have 8 or 10 evaluations going, all in different stages of completeness. Every kid has a folder with information in it, and it's organized such that I know where I'm at with each evaluation. Today I have on my agenda to have sessions with 4 or 5 of these children. One thing this job requires is organization-I've talked about the wonderful planner I use in a previous posting, but it also requires some kind of office system to keep things in place. Everybody does it differently, and you just have to find something that works, the key being, it has to work for you.

So last night, I dreamed, I think several times, that I was walking along somewhere and I just kept falling down-my shoes would slip, or I'd step in a hole, or something, and I'd be down. The thing is, I never knew why I was falling, but always, some kind soul would come along as I was laying on the street and point out the obvious-THIS is why you fell-you slipped on mud, or look here, you stepped in a hole, or whatever. I don't put a lot of stock in dream analysis, but I thought this was interesting. Maybe the point is, it seems that when we make a mistake, others can see plainly why we did, and are "helpful" to point that out to us when often, we may not have a clue as to why we stumbled. We just know we did. Hmmm. What do you think?

1 comment:

bluggier said...

Well, maybe God had a message for you in those dreams. He certainly did for Samuel, Joseph, and others.