Saturday, May 30, 2009

Unraveling the knots of the past 6 weeks

So, a fine Saturday morning it is. I'm sitting here with my coffee cup, waiting for Jay to come and pick me up. We're going to take a little excursion for a few hours around south central Kansas today. It's not that I don't have anything to do-my goodness, I've got boxes sitting in here that I dragged home from school and all kinds of stuff piled on my table. My house is sort of a wreck and we're gonna have "company" this evening, so why am I not going to be home today? I dunno.

The last day of school was semi-uneventful. We had a staffing meeting which didn't go well-a parent became defensive and difficult, but dealing with that is all part of the job. Friday was spent cleaning up two offices and completely moving out of one, personal files and all. They're sitting here on the floor waiting for me to do something with them. It sometimes takes a few days to get unwound when you been tightly focused, so I'm waiting for the unraveling to start. Next week there's stuff for me to do-I have plenty on my agenda including, planning a wedding reception here for my son and daughter-in-law. It is scheduled for June 13. Her family will be coming from Wisconsin, so it'll be a nice thing for her to be able to visit with them and show them their apartment and around town. I've agreed to help out with VBS (why oh why?) and I'm continuing to help with women's group this summer at church. I have relinquished leadership responsibilities, however.

I see the brother has arrived so I need to wrap this up. Maybe one thread will untangle today as we're driving. Or not (knot). (ha!)

No comments: