Friday, May 01, 2009

What?

So I followed a car home from work today. The car had a vanity plate. The vanity plate read:

DEPRAVE

The dictionary definition for "deprave" is: to make morally bad or evil; vitiate; corrupt.
http://www.dictionary.com/

Perhaps I'm missing something. Can anyone tell me why someone would want to pay money to have the word DEPRAVE on their vanity plate? I'm just asking. If anyone has any ideas, please share. I'm puzzled. I'm not judging, understand, I'm just...well, puzzled.

2 comments:

bluggier said...

Well, dear, in a way you are judging. But that is to be expected, isn't it, when people do dumb things like that?
Can you imagine this car being in a felony police stop and the cops know what the tag says?

freerad said...

Hmm...kind of surprises me that the license bureau allowed it. Here in MO, they reject anything that even hints at being suggestive, lewd, immoral, etc.