Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Wisconsin IS a nice state...

We're back from Wisconsin and now, it's catch up time. If you read my brother's blog, you'll see that he managed to blog TWICE while we were gone to Wisconsin. I don't know how that man does it, but the word for him today is "overachiever".

We had a lovely, albeit short, trip. In the car 4 out of 5 days, we traveled 3000 miles or more (about 900 one way). The wedding was "non-traditional" in a lot of ways, but very sweet and will be a special memory. In our short time there, we were able to travel up to the northern part of the pennisula for a fish boil and some sightseeing. It is spring there and the lilacs and other flowering bushes and trees are spectacular. I enjoyed seeing my family again, and am so appreciative of their efforts to attend and be a part of this special occasion. I ended up with a lovely daughter in law out of the deal, so all is well.

We got home and unpacked, took the rental car back and retrieved Lydia, who about wiggled out of her skin right there in the waiting room when she saw me. She was glad to come home, but she's been doing a lot of scratching and biting since she's been here-I wonder if she has fleas. Great. I'm going to have to see about getting her some relief this week because it seems pretty severe.

It's off to work this Tuesday morning. 4 more days to go, but busy days they will be. I wonder if we'll have kids who don't return to school this last week. See you later.

1 comment:

bluggier said...

Well, fleas are a rather common thing to get in a kennel. I'd treat her if I was you.