Saturday, May 16, 2009

It's too early

It's 5:40am, I've been up since, oh 4:00am this morning. I just took my son to the airport to catch an early flight to Wisconsin. Now I'm kinda wound up, so thought I'd write a little before going back to bed. The husband will be getting up in a few minutes to go to work so we have an early start to this Saturday.

I was going to relate some difficulties from work that I've had this week, but I don't want to go into it. It's sufficient to say that I had to remind myself again that I'm not doing this job to make other people happy. Right now there are some who wouldn't give you a wooden nickel for my expertise, and that's ok with me. I have to answer to somebody bigger than USD 259 and as long as I can do that, then I am well. I just need to remember that as I'm tossing and turning, replaying scenarios and conversations, and conversations I'd LIKE to have, but can't, and all that. You know how it goes.

Maybe more later today.

2 comments:

bluggier said...

Yep. I know how it goes. You could always be a Wally (Dilbert) and never do anything. You probably wouldn't have anyone ding you either.

Eric said...

The great thing about a recession is that although it sucks, it generally teaches people the difference between wants and needs. I know, it's not much consolation for people that already knew that.