Monday, July 16, 2018

My Summer Post

It's time for my probably one and only summer post!  Yay!  Anyway, here we are July and in just a few short weeks (like maybe TWO???) I get to go back to work.  It's amazing how fast the time goes. 

Trips this summer?  Just one to spend time with my sister and her husband.  A good time was had by all.  However, I am traveling vicariously through two of my brothers, both of whom went on extended vacations out west to national parks, canyons, the ocean, etc.  Oh, and one drove a train locomotive in northern California.  Let's not forget THAT.  I've enjoyed looking at pictures on Facebook at all the travels family and friends are involved in - and I hope someday to be able to do some of that myself someday.  At least two friends went to Hawaii, one way up northeast to Maine, one to Europe, others to Colorado, Canada, and Florida so I was able to enjoy their pictures as well. 

But right now the spouse and I are both still employed, he with two jobs and me with one - but - the end is in sight.  He's hoping to retire from one next March and the other one a year later, the next March.  It'll be a great day for him when that happens.  I have a feeling there will be surprises in store for both of us.

At the moment though, I enjoy puttering around in the summer when it isn't too hot, and doing some things I have difficulty getting in when I'm working.  Reading, yard work, and spending time with grandsons come to mind.  So - that's about it with me.  Not too deep today - just enjoying the cool inside and the quietness of only me in the house.  Oh, that, and the washer and dryer going.  Not too many more days like today before the madness of school begins.  And it WILL be madness this year for several reasons.  I'll keep you updated. 


No comments: