Monday, April 16, 2018

Speechless

One post so far in 2018.  Ok, well.  It is what it is.  Most often I don't know what to write because I don't know how to express what I'm feeling or thinking.  I'm saddened by several situations going on right now, both personally and professionally.  I'm angry and upset about a lot of things, and this unfortunately, comes out in every day conversations with co-workers, friends, and family - so they get to see the tears and the lack of patience with people in general, and hear the sharp pointed words that can come from me - yes, me.

The number of children recently who have been harmed by their caregivers is foremost on my mind and when I go back and read this someday, I don't want to forget these names:  Evan Brewer, who was killed by his mother's violent and sick boyfriend - and also by her unwillingness to stand up for her child; Lucas Hernandez, who is still missing after several weeks, and whose stepmother, Emily Glass, is incarcerated.  No break in the case, but he suffered at her hands as well as those of his own absentee biological mother who was on drugs, and, his father, working out of town for long stretches at a time.  Also recently, a 6 month old baby, Jazz was recently killed by his father, Dorl Gwynn, after he "roughhoused" with him.  Finally, a 13 year old boy walked to a Wichita police substation to report that 9 children in his home were being physically and sexually abused by Eric McFadden.  They are now in protective custody.

That is all I can write about this now.  It is heart rendering.

No comments: