Tuesday, January 03, 2012

January 3

Thankfulness first:  I went to an inservice today - I could complain about this but you know, looking for things to be grateful for helps me to view things with a little different perspective.  I got a parking ticket because I forgot to feed the meter - but - I have a car that works fine, AND, I have 15.00 to send to the city coffers.  Temperature in the room at the ISC was just fine - not too hot, not too cold.  The topic of the inservice was "somewhat" interesting so I wasn't completely bored ALL the time.  How's that?

Iowa caucus is tonight.  I am interested to see what the results are - however, I did read the paper an Iowa university professor wrote who was questioning why we have allowed Iowa such a position in the spotlight as they do not "represent America" accurately. Here's the link if you are interested: 

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/12/observations-from-20-years-of-iowa-life/249401

That's it for today! 

1 comment:

bluggier said...

You're doing good with the thankfulness thing, dear. Keep it up.